Tuesday 5 March 2013

Settling in.

 
I thought I'd start this blog by posting a few photo's from my first month here. I've been finding my feet - learning very basic ceramics, trawling through old books for info on the transfer process and setting up the wee workshop. I've made some ink, printed some transfers and fired some simple tiles which we then took to show the folks at Burleigh. They kindly let me borrow a beautiful, old hand engraved copper plate which I've been proofing. I'll then work with this image digitally and have a flexo plate produced so that I can compare results from both plates.

The workshop, complete with fancy press and pretty worktops




A close up of the engraved copper plate (with chrome facing) from Burleigh
Transferring a printed image

 

No comments:

Post a Comment